Monday, January 14, 2013

Old Quilts update

Remember the old quilts a while back? I have come to give you that promised update. I visited my aunt before the baby came, and found out some neat facts about my buy.

She remembered the quilts, but not too well. She did say they were made of feed sacks. (Actually I now believe only the oldest one, the white one, was from feedsacks) She said when a new shipment of feed had come in, the women had all been eager to go shopping for feed! It had been exciting to be one of the first to be able to pick out the prettiest sacks possible.

She must have found some real nice sacks.

 This was the one I did not know what it was used for. I found out quickly that it used to be a sewing machine cover, so I spread it over mine for the photo.

I treasure these old pieces for now, and look at them now and then. My daughter and I are planning a tea party soon, and hope to use one of the quilts as part of the setup. 

Have a good one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...