Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rugs

I have been making rugs for about 20 years. I know, it makes me sound ancient. I suppose I am a little ancient by now. I am trying hard to reduce our stuff lately. I had these shirts lying around, and as I have said before, I have a hard time throwing away something which can be put to good use. So, I made more rugs. Why burn an old t-shirt if you can turn it into a beautiful rug? They always come in handy!

A rug this size uses about 6-7 shirts, depending on the size. I am not good at giving instructions, but here are a few links you can check out; maybe you can make some sense of them. 1, 2, 3.
And if you ever make one, I'd love to see it!

6 comments:

Kim Brenneman said...

Hi Annie,
What are the size of those rugs?Will you please show us how to make them? Give me a call to schedule a day.

Pioneer Mom said...

These rugs measure almost 24 inches wide. I will talk to you about scheduling a day soon!

Rosella said...

I love them.. and I wish I could make some but I need someone teaching me..

Pioneer Mom said...

Rosella, if you come here, I'll show you. It is a piece of cake. I love this one woman's idea though. She bought used sheets and then just ripped them into strips, that way she didn't have to cut, which is hard on the hands and wrist. I think I'll try that.

The Louden Clan said...

so those are crocheted not braided? I've made a braided one before...super easy as well. And, yes the sheets are easy. I got mine used and just ripped them!

Pioneer Mom said...

These are crocheted, Vera.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...