Friday, May 20, 2011

Don't toss that toy!

It looks pretty tossable, would'nt you agree? My little boy loved that toy, and it didn't matter to him that the cab was off, and it was very rusty and worn... And then, I got this bright idea to restore it at least to some extent. I bought some spray paint for a few bucks, sanded the rust off that old yellow paint, and painted it. I also broke out the side windows to make it look newer. It was Daniel's job to attach the cab, which happened some time after the painting was done, and here is the result.

You just can't come by these sturdy tonkas so easy anymore, so fixing these toys is, in my opinion, a good option. Hmmm, I believe I have another tonka toy somewhere that looks pretty old...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...