Monday, September 12, 2011

An Improvement

We have made a HUGE improvement around here. I always had to go downstairs to do laundry, and then up a few more stairs again with the load of heavy wet laundry to hang it up outside. There's often ants under the wash lines. I worried about getting skin cancer in the sun... and when it started raining, we had to fly down the stairs to the back of the house to see how we got the laundry in dry...




Now, I do my washing on the front porch, just a few steps away from my kitchen! I told Daniel it was heavenly. No more hot sun on my skin; no more ants pestering me; no more running down to see how we get the wash in in case of rain! No more dragging the laundry down and than up again, twice over... Yes, life has improved a lot because of it... I have so much to be thankful for. I have a lovely view from the porch. It is often windier up here than it is behind the house. And here is one more great thing; we moved the table and chairs that I restored a while back up on the front porch as well, so I have a table handy to fold the laundry if I choose to do so. See the lines to the left of the photo below? Daniel fastened it to a coconut tree in the pasture. Which means I better make real sure I hang my laundry securely so it won't fall down and get chewed up by cows or land on some undesirable stuff...you know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...