Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Good News

That's right. I have good news. I am expecting a wee one again! Things look very different this time than last time. We already had one ultrasound done, and there it was. A baby with a heartbeat. Praise the Lord!

After my last miscarriage it took a while for my body and mind to get prepared for this one. Now that the first trimester is almost over things are brightening for me. The first two months were hard, except I did not need to have nausea like I did with the others, thanks to my using B6. I was very unenergetic for a while though and didn't feel like working, so our house got pretty messy at times. Hubby was very understanding, and the children very helpful, I still felt like eating and cooking, so we came along just fine. Now I have temporary  hired help to get me back on my feet, and it is such a blessing to have clean windows again!

Come Thanksgiving, I hope to have this house cleaned from top to bottom, and then have all my family here over for a feast. So, I have a lot to look forward to. The best thing to look forward to though, is, going to Canada to have this baby. We want our children to have Canadian nationality, but they have made a new law that makes it hard to make children born outside of Canada Canadian, even if their parents are. We consider it a very good thing to have more than one citizenship.

Going to Canada will mean seeing my mom again. It should be a wonderful time. Since living in Winnipeg we feel very much at home there.Besides having the baby it will be a special trip for the little ones to go see Grandma and Grandpa and cousins, uncles and aunts.

Here is the big thing. I am hoping for a VBA3C, so I am praying for wisdom in this area and want to do what's best for baby. We'll see if it works out or not. Whatever way this baby is born, it won't matter much. We are just happy the Lord saw us fit to have another one! I am not quite past 12 weeks yet, but feeling so fine about this pregnancy that I believe this one will make it through.

11 comments:

missionarymomma said...

Rejoicing with you. How very special. I will be praying for you. A VBAC would be great too, and I will be praying for that as well.

How much fun to look forward to going to Canada. It will be special too see your Moma and other family and Walmart :-)
Will you have to stay in Canada long?

Pioneer Mom said...

We might need to be in CA about 2 1/2 months. Baby is due mid-May so we would leave by about mid-April. I am sure in my case the baby won't be allowed to come late so we should be able to come back around 5-6 weeks after baby. I sure am looking forward to escaping the months of April and May here.
yeah, Walmart, Mcdonalds, thrift stores... :)

missionarymomma said...

Sounds delightful.

If your like me when you lived in the States--we avioded MCDonalds but when you can no have it suddenly you miss it. :-)

I will keep praying for you and baby.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Hope you have a happy and UNeventful pregnancy. Spring should be a great time to be back up north.
Anita

Pioneer Mom said...

Thank you Anita! Yes it will be a good time to be there, AND and the best time of year to be away from here!

michaela said...

Aw! Congrats Mrs. K! I'm so glad you found my blog! I have to go tell my mom! :)

Pioneer Mom said...

Thank you Michaela! I am sure more of the homeschool moms would like to hear the news so if you get together you may tell them!

michaela said...

I'm positive my mom will tell them! :)

The Louden Clan said...

Congratulations Annie!! Hope your pregnancy goes well!

Pioneer Mom said...

Thank you Vera!

Grace said...

Wow Congrats Daniel and Annie! And it will be lovely to have you here! Please join our home meeting!! :-) Wish you all the best in your pregnancy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...