Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Nuggets recipe



I like to bake a big turkey for Thanksgiving, because I sure don't mind the leftovers. Here is the way our family prefers to use up leftover turkey. It works well for chicken too. This is one way I can cook turkey for a second meal but it does not taste so obviously leftover. People usually agree when I serve them this meal. When I made these nuggets the night after our dinner, my husband looked at the bowl full and said, "This looks like it will taste better than it did yesterday." As much as I like turkey dinners, I might have to agree with him on this one.

When I have leftover cranberry, I like to make that into a sweet and sour dipping sauce.This time I did not, so I just made my regular sweet and sour sauce which is really good too.

Turkey Nuggets Batter:

1 cup flour
2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
2/3 cup milk


Mix together thoroughly, and dip turkey pieces in it. (Pieces should be about 1 inch wide). Deep fry on both sides till golden brown, then place on paper towel. Serve with the following sauce.

Sweet and Sour Sauce:

1/2 cup ketchup (or cranberry sauce)
1/4 cup vinegar
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1 tsp corn starch
pinch of salt

Bring ingredients to a boil to thicken. Serve with the turkey or chicken nuggets.

And please let me know what you think!

Linking to:
This Chick Cooks
The Shabby Nest 
Funky Junk Interiors

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...