Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hot Orange (Cider?)

It is getting chilly in Belize. And then I am reminded that a cup of hot apple cider would be great. Well, I could do that, but it would cost a pretty penny, so I decided to make do with orange juice. Those we get at 10 cents a piece whereas a big apple is 2 dollars. No can do apples! I found out I liked the mulled orange juice just swell, although my little Canadian/Americans would have preferred apple cider.

Take: one quart orange juice
Add: 3 cinnamon sticks
some whole cloves, about 6 pieces or to taste
some orange peel
a tablespoon or two of brown sugar, as the juice tends to sour a little from heating

Bring to a boil, simmer on low for about 10 minutes, turn off and let sit for a bit to mix flavors. Serve warm in some pretty tea cups!



This time I am linking up to these parties:
 Artful Affirmations
Sweetology

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Now this looks just wonderful. I am so glad you shared it, your blog is lovely. Take care and good things!

Terri said...

What a great idea to use orange juice! It is a perfect substitution for apple, and looks delicious. Thank you so much for joining in Tea Cup Tuesday! Your amber colored glass tea cup and saucers are really lovely. I don't think I have seen any like them before.
Hugs,
Terri

Pioneer Mom said...

Thanks Trish; and Terri, I had no idea amber teacups were a rarity. We got a set of 6 cups with saucers for a wedding gift over 12 years ago. They are made in Indonesia. I will treasure them more from now on!

Micupoftea said...

What homey scene...warm cinnamon oj in amber cups. Merry Christmas~

Pioneer Mom said...

Thank you!

missionarymomma said...

Looks wonderful. What a creative idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...