Thursday, November 15, 2012

On the farm

It is time for more farm photos again. I have to make up for not blogging for so long. 

 
 A few of my favorite plants. I love caladiums, the colorful leaves. I have planted more beside the barn in the photo below. 

 I keep falling in love with this country still. Now that the unpleasant weather is behind us for the year, I can relax and enjoy it again.

 One bright early morning I had to grab my camera and shoot away. We have had enough rain to make everything so green. It's gorgeous!



 After several weedings the plants around the house have taken up enough space so I don't need to worry about weeds so much anymore.

 The cows come home. I love the way they were all following the leader to the water towards evening.

 Here is a new addition to the farm. This cute little hen house! After a long time with no real place to call home, our hens finally have a wonderful place to roost and lay their eggs. 

 As soon as that house was finished, we went and picked up this dandy rooster from some friends. Isn't he a proud-looking feller? We are now welcomed each morning by his awakening crowing. Not only that, he also crows at 2:30 at night! I'm not sure what's up with that... But it does make the farm feel more complete.

 The nest boxes.


Dusk on the farm...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful.

Danelle K. said...

Those are gorgeous photos! I especially love the last one. :)

Kim Brenneman said...

Beautiful farm Annie!

Pioneer Mom said...

Thank you Kim. We really like it a lot too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...