Friday, July 13, 2012

My cup of Tea

 Today was one good day. I finally got to do some weeding again after baby. It was sorely needed, and man did it feel good to get down and dirty! It's even more fun in my new hat... I felt real cheery today so I also asked Jessica to pick me some flowers for my old teapot.




 A cup of sweet iced black tea after some weeding is a refreshing treat! Let me tell you a little secret. I like mine sweet without sugar. I love drinking my favorite drink knowing I am not putting any unnecessary sugar in my body. I have found a wonderful tasting stevia which leaves no bitter aftertaste and tastes as good as sugar. Stevia made in South America tastes better than North American brands do, in my (and others') opinion. I like both E.N.D. Stevia, and Eco stevia. They are quite affordable, as a little goes a long way. The eco stevia can be substituted for 1 cup sugar in 1/4 teaspoon, the eco stevia takes a little more. It is definitely worth buying if you are cautious about sugar. I use it in coffee, even in baking. In baking cookies and other desserts I will often take half the amount of sugar required, then add stevia to make up for the rest. I would often be fine with just stevia, but the texture will not turn out as good, and baked goods do taste better with at least a little sugar. I never could get my husband to drink tea sweetened with stevia before I bought these brands; now he doesn't seem to mind anymore.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you shared..I have struggled with the bitterness of stevia and wondered if anyone had suggestions for it..thank you.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh how I love my sweet tea and the stores here in California are finally selling it bottled up. They are finally "getting it" after the southern states have had it for years. Haven't tried the sugar alternatives. But if it tastes good, then that is wonderful.

xo
Becky

Pioneer Mom said...

Becky, how wonderful that sweet tea is making its way across America! It can be so frustrating for Southerners to travel and not find sweet tea available at restaurants! Although I am not a true southerner I have grown up on sweet tea so its a must for me as well.

Pioneer Mom said...

S S F, I hope you try one of these brands; I don't think you will be sorry! I have been recommending them to lots of people already, and they are so happy to have found out about it.

Anonymous said...

I have found a couple of news articles that claim that END Stevia is a scam. This bolivian company was selling a combination of several artificial chemicals ( saccharine and some other one) and that chemical analyses showed that there was not a single molecule of stevia present. In other words a total rip off.

You may want to edit your blog to remove this company.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...