Monday, July 7, 2014

The decision


 We have made the big decision to take our girlie to Guatemala City tomorrow. We have seen Drs here several times but so far no one can give us the answers we need. There are times when we look at her and see nothing wrong either, but then she should be recovering from her lost weight but does not. She is such a sweetheart and we just want her suffering to end. She looks happy here, and thankfully we have lots of those times, but too often I can tell she has discomfort. 
 
We need to trust that the Lord has led us to take this way. Right now all we see in front of us is a big mountain, but we can trust the Lord is holding our hand as we climb it together.
 
 The following song has been my comfort so often after this baby, and it will sustain me further.
 
I know not what awaits me,
  God kindly veils my eyes,
And o’er each step of my onward way
  He makes new scenes to rise;
And every joy He sends me comes
  A sweet and glad surprise
.
  Where He may lead I’ll follow,
  My trust in Him repose;
And every hour in perfect peace,
  I’ll sing, “He knows, He knows“;
And every hour in perfect peace,
    I’ll sing, “He knows, He knows
.”

One step I see before me,
  ’Tis all I need to see,
The light of heaven more brightly shines
  When earth’s illusions flee;
And sweetly through the silence comes,
  His loving, “Trust in Me!

Oh, blissful lack of wisdom,
  ’Tis blessed not to know;
He holds me with His own right hand,
  And will not let me go,
And lulls my troubled soul to rest
  In Him who loves me so
.

So on I go not knowing;
  I would not if I might;
I’d rather walk in the dark with God
  Than go alone in the light;
I’d rather walk by faith with Him
  Than go alone by sight
.

1 comment:

Kim Brenneman said...

Praying for you and eager to hear what you find out.
Kim Brenneman

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...