Monday, July 13, 2009

Beautiful Iowa

Yesterday my "Iowa" attitude became a bit more positive. Or how do I say it... You see, I still miss our old Tennessee home a lot. So far I felt like there is nothing to do around here that can even compare to all the fun stuff we had available at our fingertips in East Tennessee. (Sniff sniff.) I had heard people say that Lake Iowa is a good place to go, so that's what we did yesterday.

Plus I had promised the children this summer I would take them swimming, and I had yet to fulfill that promise, and there happened to be a beach at the lake, so...

...this was much better. They got to build sand castles with daddy; were able to chase butterflies; Daddy started to teach them how to swim. And there was lots of space, very few people there.

The water was amazingly warm, unlike the Canadian waters I remember. I was not prepared to swim this time, but I think next time I will! Timothy seemed to enjoy standing in the water and I think he would enjoy sitting in it too.


We had a lovely little picnic in one of the shelters. It was gorgeous. The area is very wooded.

Now, I can't wait till someone comes and visits us again! We'll take you there! Well, that depends on when you come, that is....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story and organized blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...