Saturday, July 4, 2009

It's Independence Day!

And we found out just how patriotic Americans really are. It rained and was chilly, but that didn't stop people from going to the town square to enjoy the parade. This is the first time I have seen rain on the 4th of July, but then, I haven't been to that many parades either. People wore coats and sat under umbrellas, but had fun! And the children sure didn't seem to mind; they got candy and toys, so what else matters?! We were a few of the fortunate ones who got to sit against the wall and partially under a roof so we stayed dry and had as good of a time as possible!



That's my timid boy Joseph in the black coat. Notice the rain dripping from the roof.

Hmm, where is the candy going to come from now???

(This one's for you, my friend -and namesake- Annie)

These two just seem to stick together, which I am very thankful for.

That was our 4th of July fun, and it was fun! Different than usual, but fun just the same. Of course, I hope next year it doesn't rain...






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...