Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tea party with my daughter

Now for the tea party details I promised you... The chalkboard is an old one that I recently painted white. It used to be just plain wood.
One reason I wanted the tea party at this time was because the tree the table was under, was blooming beautiful purple flowers. Which is why we chose a purple theme for the party.

Jessica baked these mini cupcakes a day before. I try to stay away from artificial food coloring. So we iced them with icing made with juice extracted from huckleberries. We couldn't have gotten a prettier coloring anyway!
Wonderful black tea spiced with blueberry and vanilla that I bought just for the ocassion. I must say, I love Dilmah teas! They come with different flavors like lemon and strawberry etc...

Some flower scented purple incense cones.
The lantern is one I recently painted white. Can you tell I am starting to like white things? I have some more items that need painting white, but for now I am happy doing other 'stuff' that is fun. (Think old wooden egg crates)
Can you guess where I got the idea for a white lantern? Why, Aunt Ruthie's, of course! I saw one on her blog, and liked the idea so much, now I have this one inside my home as decoration. People all love it! Even my husband, who was very skeptical when I said that I would paint a red lantern white! Don't you just love when that happens!?

My daughter loves the Little House books, and never tires of reading them over and over. That is fine with me! I couldn't think of better books for her to enjoy...I used this one because it matched with the color theme, AND because I really believe these are the happy golden years...

Isn't it amazing how the colors match?

What was very cute was the way the boys came around to grab their cupcakes. Joseph is holding a stick  in his hand, while behind Timothy is the stick horse and straw hat he has thrown down to take a bite. I love my boys and their boyish ways!
...and my girl for her girlish ways...

This white dress was given to her by her auntie Delia who wouldn't just give it to anyone because it was so special to her. Thank you sister!
The hat--under $2 US at the local store...
I deeply treasure these special moments with my one and only daughter (so far). I am so thankful the Lord saw fit to bless me with her!

Linked to these parties:
The Shabby Nest 
Funky Junk Interiors

4 comments:

Rosella said...

How adorable! Love your little party with all the details. Definitely paint it white if you can! ;)

Unknown said...

What beauty and attention to detail. It has been many years since my girls and I read through the prairie books; having tea parties and making faceless dolls. You stirred my memories!
Enjoy your 'happy golden years'- they do pass quickly.

Mel's Designs from the Cabin said...

what a wonderful way to bring a new memory for the children....Mel's Designs from the Cabin....found you through Funky Junk Interiors' party....Mel

missionarymomma said...

Lovely. Precious memories are worth every minute of effort.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...